Buffalos Bills: Improve on the strength of the defense by adding a cornerback
Adding a cornerback in the first round would seem like a luxury pick for Buffalo when you consider the talent they already have in the secondary.
At the same time, having depth and upgrading a position of strength isn’t the worst idea. There will be some targets like Greg Newsome who we predict to be an option in the first round.
More from Tip of the Tower
- Cam Phillips making his mark on Toronto Argonauts offence
- Toronto Argonauts: 4 storylines ahead of matchup against Redblacks
- Federico Bernardeschi ready for new challenge with Toronto FC
- Toronto Argonauts overcome Roughriders in entertaining Touchdown Atlantic
- Buffalo Bills: Von Miller drawing inspiration from Bruce Smith
Having Newsome’s size and instincts lining up opposite of Tre’Davious White would be a major boost to the Bills defense if they don’t address the pass rush. Not only will that give the pass rush more time to get to the quarterback but it forces teams to take fewer chances down the field.
Other positions the Bills could look to address but wouldn’t be the main priority would be at tight end and linebacker because injuries would present the Bills with a thin level of depth.
Fortunately, Buffalo isn’t facing any major pressing needs and shouldn’t feel pressure to move up for a player unless one drops down out of the top 20 that they didn’t expect.
What do you think the Bills need to get heading into the NFL draft? Do you expect them to trade up or down at all? Let us know in the comments below.