Toronto Raptors trade target: Go all-in to acquire Bradley Beal
I told you it would get explosive.
This idea comes from one ever-present fact in the modern NBA that was all but written in stone by the Raptors’ title run in ’18-19. You can build the most cohesive team in the world. If you don’t have at least one bona fide superstar, you’re not winning a championship.
More from Tip of the Tower
- Cam Phillips making his mark on Toronto Argonauts offence
- Toronto Argonauts: 4 storylines ahead of matchup against Redblacks
- Federico Bernardeschi ready for new challenge with Toronto FC
- Toronto Argonauts overcome Roughriders in entertaining Touchdown Atlantic
- Buffalo Bills: Von Miller drawing inspiration from Bruce Smith
Somehow it’s been real quiet, but the Washington Wizards’ Bradley Beal has ascended to this tier of all-world greatness. A skilled scorer of the basketball and a hustle player, it just feels like Beal’s time in D.C. has come to an end. His pairing with Russell Westbrook hasn’t led to a return to playoff contention, and Beal has made his frustrations known.
It would likely mean a James Harden-type package heading to Washington, but if the Raptors want to continue to be a force in the Eastern Conference, they’re going to need a superstar. Beal fits the bill.
What should be the Raptors’ priority be ahead of the trade deadline? Is there a player they should try to acquire? Let us know in the comments below.