5. Raptors at Milwaukee Bucks – Feb.16, 18, 2021
In an effort to reduce travel, the Raptors will be playing both of their road games against Milwaukee in succession in mid-February.
These games are going to be huge on both micro and macro levels. On the micro, the Raptors and Bucks have enjoyed almost identical competitive windows, scrapping for the number one seed for the past three-to-four years. All signs point to another hard-fought battle somewhere in the playoff picture this season.
More from Tip of the Tower
- Cam Phillips making his mark on Toronto Argonauts offence
- Toronto Argonauts: 4 storylines ahead of matchup against Redblacks
- Federico Bernardeschi ready for new challenge with Toronto FC
- Toronto Argonauts overcome Roughriders in entertaining Touchdown Atlantic
- Buffalo Bills: Von Miller drawing inspiration from Bruce Smith
On a macro level, however, is there a more perfect time to remind Giannis Antetokounmpo of how great this current group of Raptors is?
All jokes aside, the sweepstakes for Antetokounmpo’s services will begin at some point during the season. Maybe they already have. The Raptors need to have a 2018-19 Los Angeles Clippers-esque season to have a chance at the Greek Freak’s services next season.
That eighth-seeded Clippers team showed fight and heart en route to pushing the top-seeded Golden State Warriors to six games in their first round playoff series. This laid the groundwork for the arrival of Kawhi Leonard and Paul George the following year.
These games themselves will matter in the short term, but if the Raptors can prove themselves to Antetokounmpo in his building, they’d be putting themselves ahead in the pursuit of a franchise-altering player.
Which game are you looking forward to watching this season? What do you think the Raptors’ record will be? Let us know in the comments below.