5. “All-Black Alternates” – (2015/16-’19/20)
This list features some of the more off-the-wall apparel options in Raptors history, but the team’s clean all-black alternate look deserves some love too.
Taking inspiration from the all-black alternates that the team wore from ’08/09-’14/15, this ensemble freshens up the concept with white lettering that pops and subtle grey chevrons under the arms.
More from Tip of the Tower
- Cam Phillips making his mark on Toronto Argonauts offence
- Toronto Argonauts: 4 storylines ahead of matchup against Redblacks
- Federico Bernardeschi ready for new challenge with Toronto FC
- Toronto Argonauts overcome Roughriders in entertaining Touchdown Atlantic
- Buffalo Bills: Von Miller drawing inspiration from Bruce Smith
While the team dropped the “Toronto” from the front (which knocks this look down a few spots), the shorts make up for it. Two claw-marked basketballs sit on either side with a Canadian maple leaf on the waistband.
The look also featured prominently during the most successful time in franchise history. From DeMar DeRozan’s thundering dunk against the Pistons to OG Anunoby’s season-saving three to beat the Celtics in the bubble, there will be no shortage of highlights featuring this ‘fit.
Fortunately, the Raptors aren’t leaving the blackout concept behind. Their new lineup of looks features an all-black jersey and shorts combo with the word “Raptors” forming a northwardly chevron.
What is your favourite jersey through the Raptors’ 25 years in the NBA? Are you in favour of the new threads for next season? Let us know in the comments below.