Does Wright’s return make CoJo expendable?
Demar: It really comes down to this: do you think Wright’s past two games are wholly indicative of how he will play for the rest of the season? If so, then yes, CoJo is expendable. If you remain unconvinced, no, Cory Jo is an essential part of the Raptors in the role of back up point guard.
More from Tip of the Tower
- Cam Phillips making his mark on Toronto Argonauts offence
- Toronto Argonauts: 4 storylines ahead of matchup against Redblacks
- Federico Bernardeschi ready for new challenge with Toronto FC
- Toronto Argonauts overcome Roughriders in entertaining Touchdown Atlantic
- Buffalo Bills: Von Miller drawing inspiration from Bruce Smith
Chris: I’m a huge fan of Delon Wright and I think he has the potential to be a steady guard in this league, kind of like George Hill is in Utah, but I don’t think I’m ready to say Joseph is “expendable” after a few games from Wright.
Yes, CoJo has fallen off a cliff this season, and, yes, Wright looks awesome, but the reason you keep CoJo around is because Lowry is an upcoming free agent. I do think the Raptors will re-sign Lowry, but incase something goes south during negotiations, at least Toronto has a trio of serviceable guards in Joseph, Wright and Fred VanVleet.
Also, he’s still an integral part of this roster as the backup point guard. Hopefully he figures things out after the All-Star break, but I’m not quite ready to move on from CoJo just yet.