Reactions to the Toronto Blue Jays Blockbuster Trade for Dvid Price
Just days after acquiring superstar shortstop Troy Tulowitzki, Toronto Blue Jays general manager Alex Anthopoulos continued his domination of the MLB Trade Deadline headlines by acquiring 2012 Cy Young Award winner David Price from the Detroit Tigers.
The blockbuster deal sent the Twitter-sphere into a frenzy, as media members, players and fans alike exploded with digital excitement. Here’s a compilation of reactions from that you need to see, including reactions from Price and other Blue Jays players, who are more than excited.
And in case people forgot, Price made a plea to Jays’ fans back in 2012 when he asked them to fill up the Dome. Well, I think he’ll certainly help that cause.
Although the MLB Trade Deadline isn’t until 4 pm on Friday, I think it’s safe to say that Jays’ GM Alex Anthopoulos will undoubtedly sit atop the MLB “trade throne”.
More from Tip of the Tower
- Cam Phillips making his mark on Toronto Argonauts offence
- Toronto Argonauts: 4 storylines ahead of matchup against Redblacks
- Federico Bernardeschi ready for new challenge with Toronto FC
- Toronto Argonauts overcome Roughriders in entertaining Touchdown Atlantic
- Buffalo Bills: Von Miller drawing inspiration from Bruce Smith