(33) Matthew Tkachuk – CGY (Age: 22/Cap Hit: $7.0M/2 Years Left)
Matthew Tkachuk is known for his antics as one of the league’s premiere pests, but he is also an exceptionally talented offensive performer. Yes, he has 302 career penalty minutes in 293 games played, but he also has a ton of production.
Tkachuk has posted 235 points in those 293 games and is a career plus-22. When he can straddle the line between pest and liability, the Scottsdale native is one of the most effective players in the game.
The 22-year-old has an incredibly bright future and is due to make $7 million in each of the next two seasons before the Brinks trucks arrive at his door.
(32) Travis Konecny – PHI (Age: 23/Cap Hit: $5.5M/5 Years Left)
More from Buffalo Sabres
- Buffalo Sabres and Victor Olofsson making progress on contract extension
- Buffalo Sabres still need goaltender help despite re-signing Anderson
- Buffalo Sabres: Time to close book on the Jack Eichel chapter
- Buffalo Sabres receiving interest in members of defensive core
- Buffalo Sabres focused on youth during another disastrous season
The Flyers drafted Travis Konecny with the 24th overall selection in the 2015 draft. In 299 career NHL games, the winger has posted 185 points. He has also been a plus-10 player over his young career.
Similar to Teravainen, some part of the ranking is due to a fair $5.5 million cap hit over the next five seasons. Konecny is only 23 years old and has lots of room to improve.
The London native has recorded three straight 24 goal seasons for the Flyers. He did not score in this year’s playoff run but added seven assists.
(31) Mark Scheifele – WPG (Age: 27/Cap Hit: $6.125M/4 Years Left)
The former Barrie Colt has been a steady presence on the Jets’ top line for a few years now. In 519 career NHL games, Mark Scheifele has notched 444 points.
Scheifele has also been a strong playoff contributor, with 26 points in 28 career postseason games. He is sturdy in his end as well, having amassed a career plus-83 rating.
The Kitchener native has a reasonable $6.125 million cap hit over the next four seasons and figures to be a pivotal player for the Jets now and in the future.
COMING SOON – PLAYERS RANKED 30-21
What do you think of the latest 10 players on the list? Who do you think will be ranked in the Top 30? Let us know in the comments below.