Win of the year
February 27th 2017, Raptors sew up the Knicks 92-91
DeMar DeRozan over Derrick Rose Game Winner at MSG
We love this win against the Knicks for two reasons:
1) It reminded the Knicks that they’re the Knicks and they don’t get to beat the Raptors in a blowout
2) DeRozan is doing what DeRozan does best – make absurdly difficult contested mid range jump shots.
More from Toronto Raptors
- Toronto Raptors: Christian Koloko Highlights 2022 Summer League roster
- Toronto Raptors re-sign Chris Boucher, add Otto Porter Jr
- Toronto Raptors should not enter the Kevin Durant sweepstakes
- Toronto Raptors reportedly closing on extensions with VanVleet and Young
- Toronto Raptors get what they need in drafting Christian Koloko
The Raptors were down by 13 at the end of the first half, not insurmountable but in their third game without Lowry it would prove as a difficult test. The Raptors didn’t fly out of the gates at the start of the half, no, they inched back ever so slowly.
An Ibaka three here, a stop there, a DeRozan layup here, a Knicks turnover there, a Jonas Valanciunas fade away here and the Raptors found themselves back in the game. No panicking, no otherworldly flashy plays, just defence and solid play to bring the game back within reach.
This game in particular gave us the faintest glint of what the Raptors defence can truly be capable of, and how devastating DeRozan can be in crunch time.
What is your take on any or all of the third quarter awards we handed out for the Raptors? Do you agree or disagree, and why? Share your thoughts in the comments section below.