There are a lot of different avenues the Toronto Maple Leafs could go down in the 2018 NHL Draft. We cover their options and analyze who could be wearing Blue and White.
We’re down to the wee hours leading up to the 2018 NHL Draft. When the Toronto Maple Leafs take the stage for the first time, general manager Kyle Dubas has assured us they will be selecting the best player available.
More from Toronto Maple Leafs
- Maple Leafs Rumours: Half of NHL teams interested in Ilya Mikheyev
- Toronto Maple Leafs: How to address the goaltender position
- Leafs reward Timothy Liljegren with extension after breakout season
- Maple Leafs: Jack Campbell situation becoming increasingly uncertain
- Jason Spezza retires, joins Toronto Maple Leafs front office
There has been a fair bit of moving and shaking when it comes to the picks surrounding the Leafs. One thing remains certain: Depth down the middle and defence are the highest needs for the organization.
Unless an unexpected gift falls into the Leafs’ lap, they will likely go down that road. There’s also a high possibility Dubas does some dealing to acquire more draft picks.
In our final draft targets post, we profile the best players who could be available with the 25th pick, as well as some players who could be around if the Leafs trade back into the second round.