5) The East is Full of Landmines
The Bulls are finally putting the puzzle pieces together, which means they’re in the playoff race. The Raptors are the third seed, but they aren’t necessarily snug.
More from Tip of the Tower
- Cam Phillips making his mark on Toronto Argonauts offence
- Toronto Argonauts: 4 storylines ahead of matchup against Redblacks
- Federico Bernardeschi ready for new challenge with Toronto FC
- Toronto Argonauts overcome Roughriders in entertaining Touchdown Atlantic
- Buffalo Bills: Von Miller drawing inspiration from Bruce Smith
If the Lebron’s continue to fall into the abyss, the Raptors could skirt pass the Cavs for the second spot. Mind you the Raptors are only one game ahead of the hot/cold Wizards.
The difference between eighth and fourth is three games and the Bulls are currently seventh. The Bucks, Bulls and the Pacers are all within that lower rung of the playoff picture and after every game, a bead of sweat run down my face when I see the Raptors potentially matched up with a team not named the Hawks or Heat.
Honestly, the Raptors are better than all the teams below fourth in the standings, but do they really want to revisit the Ghost of Omen Past in Chicago or rewatch PG-13 movies in Indiana? Do the Raptors really want to see if there really is a Greek Freak hiding underneath their bed?