As a tradition for the past 3 years, billed as ‘Canada’s team’ the Toronto Blue Jays have taken part in a ‘Blue Jays winter tour’ throughout Canada during each offseason, bringing players to each city for autograph sessions, meet & greets, as well as other various events for Blue Jays fans around Canada to partake in. This year, the tradition continues, however unlike previous years where the tour hit cities in the provinces of British Columbia, Alberta, and Manitoba, this year’s tour will only make stops throughout Ontario.
Good news for those who do not live in the city of Toronto, and do not have a chance to see the likes of Delabar, Lind, and Morrow during the season, they will get their opportunity when the tour stops at one of seven locations. Bad news for those outside of Ontario, those Jays fans will have to wait until next year to possibly get a chance to meet their favourite Blue Jays.
The tour will be split into two segments, with the first being from January 9th to 12th, where Steve Delabar, Anthony Gose, Adam Lind, and Josh Thole will be visiting Oshawa, Toronto, Kingston, and Peterborough. The second segment will take place between January 16th – January 18th, Dustin McGowan, Brandon Morrow, Todd Redmond, and Esmil Rogers are scheduled to be visiting St. Catherines, London, and Mississauga to conclude the tour. (details below)
Fans planning to attend these events should show up early as with recent history, there tends to be long lineups for these autograph sessions. Fans should also be aware that autograph sessions are limited to one autograph per person per player and posed pictures are not allowed.
- Autograph session at Oshawa Centre (January 9, 6:30 p.m. to 8 p.m.)
- Media Availability at Rogers Centre (January 10)
- Ronald McDonald House Toronto Visit (January 12 private event – open to media)
- Media Availability at Marriott Residence Inn Kingston (January 10)
- Canadian Forces Base Kingston visit (January 10 private event – open to media)
- Kingston Frontenacs game (January 10, players to assist in various game entertainment activities)
- Autograph session at Cataraqui Centre (January 11, 11 a.m. to 12:30 p.m.)
- Kingston Boys and Girls Club visit (January 11 private event – open to media)
- Autograph session at Lansdowne Place (January 12, Noon to 1:30 p.m.)
- Brock University visit (private event – open to media) (January 16)
- Autograph session at The Pen Centre (January 16, 6:30 p.m. to 8 p.m.)
- Sir Isaac Brock Public School visit (January 17 private event – open to media)
- Media Availability at Hilton London (January 17)
- Autograph session at Budweiser Gardens prior to the London Knights game (January 17, players to also assist in various game entertainment activities)
- Baseball Skills Event at Centrefield Sports (January 18 private event – open to media)
- Autograph session at Erin Mills Town Centre (January 18, 2:00 p.m. to 3:30 p.m.)
Tags: Toronto Blue Jays