It’s the battle of Preseason juggernauts as the 2-0 Buffalo Bills head to D.C. to take on the 2-0 Redskins.
Washington’s super sophomore RG3 will not be available for the game due to his ongoing recovery from major knee surgery, instead snaps will be split between veteran Rex Grossman and Pat White. Despite the Redskins 2-0 record so far, both pivots have struggled throughout the preseason.
The game is of major importance for Bills possibly Week 1 starting quarterback Kevin Kolb. With an up and down performance last week against the Vikings, Kolb has to show the coaching staff something in order to solidify his place ahead of E.J. Manuel (at least to start) for the season.
Kolb will have some more weapons at his disposal this week as T.J. Graham and Stevie Johnson are both returning to the line-up from injury.
Preseason football isn’t exactly must watch television, especially with E.J. Manuel and RG3 out of their respective lineups, but Week 3 is often when starters get the most action, so if you’re going to pick one game of the Preseason to whet your football appetite this is probably the one you’ll want to check out.
Think that Kevin Kolb can reclaim his starting job (at least temporarily)? Have a prediction for the score? Any other thoughts on the game? Join us down in the comments section throughout the game!
- Toronto NFL Network; Buffalo WKBW(ABC); Rochester WHAM(ABC); Syracuse WTVH (CBS); Binghamton WBNG (CBS)
- On the call: Ray Bentley (play by play), Steve Tasker (analyst), Mike Catalana (reporter)
- Buffalo – WGR550 (550AM); Toronto – Sportsnet 590 The Fan; Rochester – WCMF (96.5) and WROC (950AM); Syracuse – WTKW (99.5/WTKV 105.5)
- On the call: John Murphy (play by play), Mark Kelso (analyst), Joe Buscaglia (sideline)
- Those of us Bills fans living outside of the Western New York area (Oh Canada!) can subscribe to Preseason Live, to get access to every NFL preseason game live! For those of you in Western New York, Preseason Live lets you watch the games on-demand after they’ve aired either real-time or condensed formats, which honestly might be better than spending your Friday night watching preseason football