The Buffalo Bills are hosting the Minnesota Vikings in their second preseason game of 2013 on Friday night. Coming off of an impresive debut under head coach Doug Marrone against the Colts last week, the Bills will look to continue the momentum Friday versus the Vikings.
While preseason “success” means nothing (ask that 0-16 Lions team), it’s important for a team like the Bills whom are trying to determine who their Week 1 starter will be. After missing the Bills first preseason game with an injury, Kevin Kolb will be under centre (at least to start) against the Vikings.
Kolb is looking to have a strong showing after his injury allowed E.J. Manuel to establish himself as a legitimate threat to be the Bills starter when they open the regular season against Tom Brady (maybe!) the New England Patriots.
- The game is blacked out in Western New York (c’mon NFL its the preseason, give us a break)
- On the call: Ray Bentley (play-by-play), Steve Tasker (analyst), Mike Catalana (sideline)
- Where to watch (CHECK LOCAL LISTINGS FOR RE-BROADCAST TIMES): Buffalo – WKBW(ABC); Rochester WHAM(ABC)
- Stations: Buffalo – WGR550 (550AM); Toronto – Fan 590; Rochester – WCMF (96.5) and WROC (950AM); Syracuse – WTKW (99.5/WTKV 105.5)
- On the call: John Murphy (play-by-play), Mark Kelso (analyst), Joe Buscaglia (sideline)
- Those of us Bills fans living outside of the Western New York area (Oh Canada!) can subscribe to Preseason Live, to get access to every NFL preseason game live! For those of you in Western New York, Preseason Live lets you watch the games on-demand after they’ve aired either real-time or condensed formats, which honestly might be better than spending your Friday night watching preseason football
Bills Lineup Notes
- Veterans Stevie Johnson, T.J. Graham, Leodis McKelbin, and Kiki Alonso will not be dressed for the game
- Rooks Robert Woods and Marquise Goodwin are likely going to get the start at WR
- TE Scott Chandler is also scheduled for a limited number of plays in what will be his first live game action since he injured his knee against Miami in December
- The Vikes lost their Week 1 preseason matchup against the Houston Texans by a score of 27-13, although the game was much closer when each team’s starters were on the field.Minnesota is coming off a preseason Week 1 loss at Houston to the Texans 27-13. The Vikings had a field goal lead at the half with the score 13-10 at the break, but Houston outscored Minnesota 17-0 over the final two quarters.
- Adrian Peterson did not play versus the Texans, and there has been no indication (yet) if he will suit up tonight)
- Vikings Coach Leslie Frazier has indicated that his starters will likely play into the second quarter depending on the number of plays they run.
- Notable offseason additions for the Vikings were WR Greg Jennings, QB Matt Cassel and their three first-round picks in the draft DT Shariff Floyd, CB Xavier Rhodes and WR Cordarrelle Patterson.